[Distutils] PEP470, backward compat is a ...

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Fri May 16 20:11:55 CEST 2014

On 16 May 2014 18:40, Donald Stufft <donald at stufft.io> wrote:
> Right, I think maybe we're agreeing? If we're not I'm not sure what the delta
> is between what Carl's saying and what the PEP is (attempting?) to convey.

Yeah, sounds like we're all in agreement. That's the pip team on
board, let's hope the rest of the world is as easy to convince :-)

Maybe adding an explicit set of steps for pip, including the exact
option names etc, would help as an example. All the talk in terms of
generic installers can be a bit confusing (even though it's important
to make it clear this isn't just about pip!)

Paul