[Distutils] wheels, metadata

Vinay Sajip vinay_sajip at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jan 23 20:02:33 CET 2014

On Thu, 23/1/14, Marcus Smith <qwcode at gmail.com> wrote:

> The Packaging User Guide is maintaining a summary
> of the relevant PEPs that gives a brief description of the
> "user impact" and "implementation" (i.e.
> whether projects are actually implementing any of
> this).
> https://python-packaging-user-guide.readthedocs.org/en/latest/peps.html
> For those working on the various projects, please
> help keep this up to date.

A lot of this stuff is implemented in distlib and distil (distlib itself is just a library that provides the underpinnings, and some of the functionality required, such as actually installing stuff, is implemented in distil. I assume it's OK to add references to these? For example, distlib implements PEP 376, PEP 425, PEP 426, PEP 427, PEP 440, but only the last of these is mentioned on the PEP summaries page.

Regards,

Vinay Sajip