[Distutils] "Python Packaging User Guide" has moved

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 20:19:40 CET 2014

On 16 January 2014 18:39, Marcus Smith <qwcode at gmail.com> wrote:
> given my previous arguments, if we have a "Quickstart", I would just have it
> contain links to the pip & setuptools quickstarts (and wheel too I guess).

Yeah... Although I question the value of setting up a chain of 3 links
to get someone to a pip one-liner. That seems to me to be taking DRY
too far. Can't we at least put the basic "pip install" into the PUG?

Here's an example of what I was meaning (please excuse the fact that I
know nearly nothing about restructured text, and completely nothing
about Sphinx...):
https://github.com/pfmoore/python-packaging-user-guide/tree/quickstart

Paul