[Distutils] Distribution metadata: build timestamp of the distribution

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Mon Dec 15 07:17:25 CET 2014

Howdy all,

Where can I find the build timestamp when a distribution was built by
‘distutils.setup’?

The application I'm writing has a need to get a distribution and use the
timestamp when that distribution was built::

    import pkg_resources

    distribution_name = "foo"
    distribution = pkg_resources.get_distribution(distribution_name)
    distribution_timestamp = distribution.build_timestamp

That doesn't work because the attribute doesn't exist. Where can I find
the timestamp the specified distribution was built?

--
 \        “The right to search for truth implies also a duty; one must |
  `\      not conceal any part of what one has recognized to be true.” |