[Distutils] Comments on PEP 426 and 459

Vinay Sajip vinay_sajip at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Apr 8 18:12:38 CEST 2014

> Is the entire justification for this feature not "we
> don't trust you to put == in run_requires",

I'm confused - where would the == which you speak of go? IIUC a run_requires looks like

"run_requires": [ { "requires": ["SoftCushions"], "extra": "warmup" }
]

where each dictionary in the list could have "requires", "extra" and "environment" keys. The "environment" value might have "==" as part of a marker expression. Are you talking about something else?

Regards,

Vinay Sajip