[Distutils] PyPI pull request

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Wed Oct 30 07:17:00 CET 2013

On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 5:17 PM, Donald Stufft <donald at stufft.io> wrote:

> On Oct 28, 2013, at 10:10 AM, anatoly techtonik <techtonik at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> So, is there any plans or Roadmaps for Warehouse? I mean it is no good
>> if nobody is going to approve pull request things until Warehouse is
>> ready.
>
> Currently Warehouse is focused on:
>
>  A) Getting API compatibility with the current implementation [1]
>  B) Getting a UI in place that can replace the existing UI [2]
>
> Overall as I think of more things we need for Warehouse to “Become PyPI” I
> add it to the “Becoming PyPI” milestone [3]
>
> [1] https://github.com/dstufft/warehouse/issues/58
> [2] https://github.com/dstufft/warehouse/issues/63
> [3] https://github.com/dstufft/warehouse/issues?milestone=1&state=open

So, how long will it take? Do you have a (two-)weekly schedule for
features/fixes you want in? It would be nice to get some
approximation.

Also it looks like "all-or-nothing" approach. One of the WSGI features
is to chain web apps together. Do you feel it is possible to run PyPI
+ nextgen side by side? Daytime, XMLRPC, JSON, RSS, upload API from
#58 - these seem like they can be decoupled from persistence layer and
reused for both backends on some point. Rewriting interfaces from
scratch doesn't guarantee that behavior will match.
--
anatoly t.