[Distutils] sdist README.rst without MANIFEST

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 10:15:29 CET 2013

For plain distutils, I don't think so. Setuptools will include it if
it's included in the version control, but it seems that consensus is
moving towards always having a MANIFEST.in.

check-manifest is a useful tool here:

https://pypi.python.org/pypi/check-manifest/0.17

It integrates nicely with zest.releaser as well.
https://pypi.python.org/pypi/zest.releaser