[Distutils] Plans for binary wheels, and PyPi and OS-X

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Sat Nov 2 00:15:30 CET 2013

On 1 November 2013 23:10, Greg Ewing <greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz> wrote:
> Will there be a mechanism to get the actual MacOSX version
> needed into the metadata, rather than the one you happen
> to be building on?

There can be anything - the question here is really whether anything
is *needed*, or is what we have sufficient.

If it's sufficient, we can lift the restriction on uploading OSX
wheels and we're done.
If it's not, we need to keep the restriction until the wheel code is
updated to provide sufficiently flexible tags. We can take as long as
we need to define and implement those. (When I say "we" here, as a
Windows user I really mean "you", of course :-))

Paul