[Distutils] Draft PEP for JSON based metadata published

holger krekel holger at merlinux.eu
Thu May 30 20:28:20 CEST 2013

Hi Nick,

I am actually missing a "goals" section in this PEP.  Who can/should use
the PEP's new formats and definitions?  Is it meant to fit well for
python2.6, PyPy, Jython, etc?  Also, what the intention/roadmap for
adoption, how can existing and new tools deald with or distinguish
old-style and PEP426 packaging semantics?  I think such "process" aspects
would provide very valuable context for the many players in the field.

best,

holger