[Distutils] does pypi or red-dove have a better firehose API than "download all the packages"?

Marius Gedminas marius at pov.lt
Sat May 25 09:03:10 CEST 2013

On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 08:05:45PM +0000, holger krekel wrote:
> On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 17:51 +0300, Marius Gedminas wrote:

> > > True but maybe it would go a long way for most packages.
> >
> > In that case you might find
> > https://github.com/mgedmin/ztk-py3-status/blob/master/get_deps.py
> > useful.
>
> looks interesting but a bit of a strange UI it seems. Why not accept
> a tar archive?  Or am i missing something?

It's part of a pipeline that builds http://zope3.pov.lt/py3/

At that point I don't have a single tar archive; I have a list of
package names, versions and sdist URLs.

Marius Gedminas
--
Photons have energy, and trying to cram too many into too small of a space can
cause a black hole to form, which is, needless to say, not a desirable trait