[Distutils] The pypa account on BitBucket

Alex Clark aclark at aclark.net
Thu Mar 21 01:22:19 CET 2013

On 2013-03-20 22:22:40 +0000, Marcus Smith said:

> so, counting the beans...  :  )
> we have 8 "active" pypa people in my count.
> I think 5 yea votes would make it official
> I see 3 yea votes so far.
> I'm willing to change my vote "for the good of the whole" if needed,
> but I'm still curious to hear how non-pypa feel about this.

It's shorter than the "The Fellowship of the Packaging" (And FOTP is
not as attractive an acronym) :-). IIUC, Nick plans to do some
"official pimping" of pip and venv and wants to use the PyPA
brand/organization to do it… I would say +0 in general, and +1 to using
PyPA instead of a new name. Seems like a good fit.

Alex

Alex Clark · http://about.me/alex.clark