[Distutils] Setuptools-Distribute merge announcement

PJ Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Tue Mar 19 18:54:37 CET 2013

On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 5:06 AM, Adam GROSZER <agroszer.ll at gmail.com> wrote:
> Looks like running
> python.exe setup.py test
> is the right command to run the tests, isn't it?

It certainly should be.  As I said, I'm not familiar with the
distribute side, so maybe Jason or somebody else can lend a hand here.
 I know the problem doesn't exist in setuptools now, and it won't be
present post-merge either, because we're reverting all changes on the
distribute side that introduced bugs relative to setuptools.  But
short of somebody just sticking a valid
setuptools.egg-info/entry_points.txt (and PKG-INFO) into distribute as
a stopgap, I've got nothing to suggest for fixing it on the distribute
side.