[Distutils] b.pypi.python.org

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Thu Jun 6 17:26:07 CEST 2013

On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 11:22 AM, ken cochrane <kencochrane at gmail.com> wrote:

>   b.pypi.python.org is an official mirror that runs on Google App engine,

>>> OK, what would be the procedure for removing a mirror? Anyone know who
>>> is in charge of this mirror? I think Guido had it setup when he worked
>>> at Google, and google is paying for the costs of the mirror, but  now that
>>> he doesn't work for Google, not sure who might be the contact person on
>>> that side.
>>>

>> I've asked Guido who are admins on the account it to get it turned off.
>> If he doesn't know I can try to find out internally.
>>

> Brett,
>
> Here is the owner list that I can see on GAE
>
> - guido
> - kencochrane (me)
> - kumar.mcmillan
> - martin.v.loewis
> - r1chardj0n3s

So Guido didn't even know he was an owner. =)

In terms of shutting down the app, you will want to do two things. First is
empty out the cron.yaml file; it should have nothing more than "cron:".
After that you probably want to return 404 for everything; see
http://stackoverflow.com/a/189935/236574 on how to do that for all URLs.

If you want, Ken, I can clone
https://bitbucket.org/kencochrane/pypi-appengine and send you a pull
request to do all of this since I recently did something similar for
py3ksupport.appspot.com when I shut it down.

-Brett