[Distutils] problems with sdist upload since CDN update

Matt Wilkie maphew at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 08:19:15 CEST 2013

Hi Donald,

> I'm guessing that you didn't have a long_description when it wasn't working,
> and your README file was named README.TXT, and between when it wasn't
> working and when it was you added a long_description.

Thanks for investigating this. There is supposed to be a long
description, but it could be that it is not generated as expected or
is not working in some way. I'm not a very good programmer yet :)

Ahh, I think I've got it. Setup.py generates long_description from
README.TXT if present, or from a hard coded boiler plate if not. In
preparation for a new release coming up soon, another team member
deleted all content in the Readme, since it was outdated and
misleading. So I presume PyPi saw the empty long_description and
bailed.

-matt