[Distutils] a plea for backward-compatibility / smooth transitions

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 10:10:44 CEST 2013

On 30 July 2013 17:33, Paul Moore <p.f.moore at gmail.com> wrote:
> And in case it's not obvious, I think this is important. We need to have
> this sort of debate, certainly, but it won't happen without someone
> advocating (and implementing!) the changes, so many thanks for being that
> person and putting up with the flak.

Part of the idea of having myself and Richard in the approval chain
for packaging ecosystem and PyPI changes is to encourage people to get
angry at *us* for saying "Yes, let's do that" when things break,
rather than getting mad at the people actually volunteering to do the
work needed to improve the Python community's software distribution
infrastructure.

That's the plan, anyway, even if it isn't always all that effective in
practice :(

Cheers,
Nick.