[Distutils] Worry about lack of focus

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Fri Jul 19 06:30:15 CEST 2013

On 19 July 2013 10:39, Noah Kantrowitz <noah at coderanger.net> wrote:
> So we've recently seen a big resurgence in activity on improving Python packaging. First off, thats good, hopefully thats why we are all here. That said, I'm becoming worried about a possible lack of focus, and I know I'm not the only one.

Indeed, I realised I had a timeline sketched in my head, but had never
actually shared it (and many people seem to see metadata 2.0 becoming
relevant to end users *far* earlier than I had in mind - I don't see
it as becoming relevant until some time in the middle of next year).
Posted now, though (I started working on it this morning and just hit
send before seeing this thread).

Cheers,
Nick.