[Distutils] PEP 439 and pip bootstrap updated

Donald Stufft donald at stufft.io
Sat Jul 13 17:23:35 CEST 2013

On Jul 13, 2013, at 8:12 AM, Vinay Sajip <vinay_sajip at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> I'm not aware of this - have you published any protocols around the work you're doing on warehouse, which Nick said was going to be the next-generation PyPI?

I think we're talking past each other at this point but I wanted to respond to this point.

Warehouse will evolve by publishing standards yes. Currently its not making API changes and is primarily working on taking the existing APIs and porting them to a modern framework, adding tests, etc.

I do have some changes I want to make to the API and I've started a PEP to propose it that once it's done will be published for discussion here at distutils-sig.

Donald Stufft