[Distutils] zc.recipe.egg skips script-generation

Joe Steeve js at hipro.co.in
Wed Jul 3 22:57:51 CEST 2013

Hello all,

If this is not the right place to talk about 'zc.recipe.egg', please be
kind and point me to the right place :)

I am trying to create a buildout to work with some eggs using ipython. I
have a buildout.cfg like this:

        [buildout]
        develop = .
        parts =
              app
              ipython_part

        [app]
        recipe = zc.recipe.egg:scripts
        eggs =
              stool

        [ipython_part]
        recipe = zc.recipe.egg:scripts
        dependent-scripts = true
        eggs =
             ${app:eggs}
             ipython
        scripts = ipython

I have an ipython (0.13.1) installed in my system python's
site-packages. When I run buildout with the above, buildout simply says
"Installing ipython_part" and does not do anything else. If I remove my
system ipython (apt-get purge ipython), then buildout installs a script
locally.

I tried creating a virtualenv, and bootstrapping with the virtualenv's
python. I have the same effect.

How do I get an 'ipython' script with my desired eggs in its path?

Regards,
Joe

--
Joe Steeve