[Distutils] Support for condition to include or exclude a buildout sections based on a Python expression

Philippe Ombredanne pombredanne at nexb.com
Wed Jan 30 15:18:35 CET 2013

On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 1:39 PM, Jim Fulton <jim at zope.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 6:25 PM, Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 12:02 AM, Philippe Ombredanne
>> <pombredanne at nexb.com> wrote:
>>> I prepared a pull request https://github.com/buildout/buildout/pull/51
>>> to add support in Buildout 2 for conditional sections expressions.
>>
>> If you're going to do something like this, it would be good to base it
>> on PEP 345/426 style "environment markers", which are basically the
>> same idea applied to dependency definitions in the package metadata:
>> http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0426/#environment-markers
>
> I think it makes sense to support these markers.

Done :) with the caveat expressed in
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/distutils-sig/2013-January/019622.html
 as I am using underscores as separators rather than dots:
See : https://github.com/pombredanne/buildout/commit/44902dcc5ac9306db1a8a26fa92ff3a761029b0e

The pull request contains this, with new tests
https://github.com/buildout/buildout/pull/51

and all tests are passing  (or failing the same way they do with a
standard buildout 2.0 for Python 3.2)
https://travis-ci.org/pombredanne/buildout/builds/4475514
--
Philippe Ombredanne

+1 650 799 0949 | pombredanne at nexB.com
DejaCode Enterprise at http://www.dejacode.com
nexB Inc. at http://www.nexb.com