[Distutils] [buildout] infinite loop when specifying setuptools version on mac

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Mon Jan 21 20:07:54 CET 2013

On 21/01/2013 09:36, Philippe Ombredanne wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 9:15 PM, Chris Withers<chris at simplistix.co.uk>  wrote:
>> See the attached .tgz, here's what I did on a mac min running 10.7.4:
>> "/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/setuptools-0.6c12dev_r88846-py2.7.egg/setuptools/package_index.py",

Can anyone else with a Mac running 10.7.4 check whether this is how they
ship? I'm fairly certain I haven't installed anything globally on that
machine, so I'd be surprised and disappointed if the above was my doing...

> Try adding this to your buildout:
> include-site-packages = false

Jim, does this still work in 1.7? I got the impression it was going away
at some point...

Chris

             - http://www.simplistix.co.uk