[Distutils] [venv] distribute-0.6.35 fails on python 3.3?

Marcus Smith qwcode at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 21:26:57 CET 2013

> running the pip test suite against distribute RCs before releasing would
> be a good idea.
> I'm happy to work with distribute people to make that happen.

granted, it's somewhat awkward, but I did this recently, before upgrading
distribute-0.6.34 into virtualenv.
it involves running pip's tests using a modified .travis.yml file that
installs virtualenv from a git branch that has the distribute upgrade to be
tested.
I did this due to previous experience in watching a distribute upgrade
start failing pip tests, and having to go back and get a distribute patch,
and re-release virtualenv.
most of the pip tests default to using virtualenv with Setuptools, but
there are enough that use Distribute to smoke out issues.

Marcus