[Distutils] Wheel support added to distlib

Vinay Sajip vinay_sajip at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Feb 19 23:36:45 CET 2013

Vinay Sajip <vinay_sajip <at> yahoo.co.uk> writes:

> Marcus Smith <qwcode <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
>> oh, I see, it works against a current installation. cool.
>> so you could convert your pip freeze output into a set of args for this
>> script.
>
> Right:
>
> pip freeze | xargs python wheeler.py
>
> Will build one Wheel for each requirement, including dependencies

I just noticed that it names the wheel incorrectly: I just did "Flask" and it
named the wheel "Werkzeug..." and the wheel contained the files for both
Werkzeug and Flask, but not Jinja2 because I already have that installed.

I'll look at the bug which causes the wrong name to be used, but it should work
in an isolated venv (i.e. with no system site-packages). I'll update the Gist
when I've found what the problem is.

Regards,

Vinay Sajip