[Distutils] Problems installing otrace - unexpanded "@libdir@" string

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Mon Feb 11 22:06:03 CET 2013

Marius Gedminas <marius <at> pov.lt> writes:
> Not distutils, but setuptools (or its fork distribute).
>
> The EASY-INSTALL-ENTRY-SCRIPT comment is a hint.

Thanks for the hint.  I will admit to just using this stuff blindly.
I am certainly no packaging or distutils (or setuptools) expert.

A company called The Written Word provides us with pre-packaged versions
of lots of open source software.  Python 2.7 is one bit, and with that
comes some version of setuptools.  Alas, all that it tells me about
its version is that it's '0.6'.  I'm used to seeing more, like '0.6c11'
or similar.

I'll poke around a bit more and see if I can narrow down the problem.
If worse comes to worst, I may have to lean on TWW to update this
package.

Thx,

Skip