[Distutils] Install a script to <prefix>/sbin instead of <prefix>/bin

Michael Jansen info at michael-jansen.biz
Tue Dec 3 10:53:26 CET 2013

On Tuesday, December 03, 2013 09:37:03 AM Paul Moore wrote:
> On 3 December 2013 09:38, Michael Jansen <info at michael-jansen.biz> wrote:
> > So who will decide if any change to distutils goes through? I have no idea
> > about the python patch process. Any links?
>
> Patches can be posted on http://bugs.python.org. But generally,
> changes to distutils are hard to get through so be prepared for some
> pushback.

I kinda assumed. I can't believe no attempt was made to fix that stuff in the last 10
years or more :) . Found a very old bug. Closed.

Perhaps a temporary solution could be to implement both (scripts, console_scripts) for
setuptools and THEN try to upstream the parts that make sense for distutils too. Being
able to show it works and is backwards compatible could help the case.

I guess i will give that a try.

--
Michael Jansen
http://michael-jansen.biz