[Distutils] Handling the binary dependency management problem

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 10:11:59 CET 2013

On 3 December 2013 08:48, Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at gmail.com> wrote:
>> And wouldn't it be better to make wheel a bit more robust in this regard
>> than add yet another recommended tool to the mix?
>
> Software that works today is generally more useful to end users than
> software that might possibly handle their use case at some currently
> unspecified point in the future :)

See my experience with conda under Windows. While I'm not saying that
conda "doesn't work", being directed to software that turns out to
have its own set of bugs, different to the ones you're used to, is a
pretty frustrating experience. (BTW, I raised a bug report. Let's see
what the response is like...)

Paul