[Distutils] Handling the binary dependency management problem

Marcus Smith qwcode at gmail.com
Mon Dec 2 23:17:24 CET 2013

>  publication of curated stacks when the conda folks already have one,
>>
> so, I see the index: http://repo.continuum.io/pkgs/index.html
> Is they a way to contribute to this index yet?  or is that what would need
> to be worked out.

probably a dumb question, but would it be possible to convert all the
anaconda packages to wheels?
even the non-python ones like:
qt-4.7.4-0.tar.bz2<http://repo.continuum.io/pkgs/free/linux-64/qt-4.7.4-0.tar.bz2>
certainly not the intent of wheels, but just wondering if it could be made
to work?
but I'm guessing there's pieces in the core anaconda distribution itself,
that makes it all work?
the point here being to provide a way to use the effort of conda in any
kind of "normal" python environment, as long you consistently point at an
index that just contains the "conda" wheels.