[Distutils] PEP449 - Removal of the PyPI Mirror Auto Discovery and Naming Scheme

Christian Theune ct at gocept.com
Sat Aug 17 07:55:37 CEST 2013

On 17. Aug2013, at 4:45 AM, Donald Stufft <donald at stufft.io> wrote:

> On Aug 16, 2013, at 10:31 PM, Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Heh, this got a "Usenet nod" from me. I wanted to mention this in a
>> talk tomorrow, so I posted the updated draft in the PEPs repo.
>>
>> Hopefully the February timeframe is generous enough for Christian to
>> either talk to the PSF about a cert for f.pypi.python.org, or else
>> migrate to a different domain name. I think the exact date is the main
>> open question now - I believe the PEP makes a solid case for why the
>> status quo can't continue indefinitely.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Nick.
>

> I forgot that still needed updated, thanks!
>
> I know one person has said to me privately they plan on reviewing it still,
> but I haven't seen anything from Christian.
>
> Other then that I've not seen a lot of response so either people haven't
> noticed it or they were usenet nodding as well :D

Sorry for the stealth mode. The long thread has been sitting in my Inbox while the last week was very busy and we're hosting a sprint at our offices right now.

I hope I will get around to reading and responding early next week.

Christian

Christian Theune · ct at gocept.com
gocept gmbh & co. kg · Forsterstraße 29 · 06112 Halle (Saale) · Germany
http://gocept.com · Tel +49 345 1229889-7
Python, Pyramid, Plone, Zope · consulting, development, hosting, operations