[Distutils] Environment marker expression types

Vinay Sajip vinay_sajip at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Apr 27 18:15:15 CEST 2013

Donald Stufft <donald <at> stufft.io> writes:

> And here is where I wish JSON had a link type so that this data could
> either be inlined, or a link to the externalized data could be included.

While raw JSON does not include a link type, this needn't be a problem in
practice. For example, distlib already contains mechanisms which support
cross-references and references to external data, as per the example code in
[1]. I will shortly be adding to this a mechanism to integrate data in
external files in a standardised way.

The distlib code is an extension of the mechanisms already in the stdlib in
logging.config and used by dictConfig, which are documented at [2].

Regards,

Vinay Sajip

[1] https://gist.github.com/vsajip/5473612
[2]