[Distutils] Help needed please

PJ Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Mon Apr 8 21:30:29 CEST 2013

On Sat, Apr 6, 2013 at 10:03 AM, david bennett
<davidbennett at ozemail.com.au> wrote:
> G'day
> AIM: i'm trying to use Drive API with Python 2.7.3 to read and write files.
>
> PROBLEM: is with the install of "easy_install" (ironic, i know)
>
> 1. I have enabled the drive api
> 2. I can see that the google client library must be there because the files
> are in c:/program files/python/scripts
>
> BUT when i type easy_install into cmd window it is not recognised

Type "path" into the command window and double-check that C:/Program
Files/Python/Scripts is listed.

(Do check, also, that C:/Program Files/Python/Scripts is actually
where easy_install.exe is located -- the standard installation
location for many versions of Python would be C:\Python27, not
C:\Program Files\Python.)

> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4016151/how-to-use-pythons-easy-install-on-windows-its-not-so-easy?rq=1
> mentions that "you should see that your winpexpect package has been
> installed correctly." winexpect. where is this located? how is this done?

That discussion is actually about installing winpexpect, not about
installing easy_install.  So the problem that person was having is
entirely unrelated to the one you are having.