[Distutils] How to upgrade distribute with distribute_setupif necessary?

Vinay Sajip vinay_sajip at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Oct 22 23:40:00 CEST 2012

anatoly techtonik <techtonik <at> gmail.com> writes:

> On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 11:00 PM, Daniel Holth <dholth <at> gmail.com> wrote:
> > You should just invoke a recent virtualenv on the environment.
>
> It is for system-wide installation of Sphinx. I need it as a user tool.
> --

Download the latest version of distribute_setup.py from

http://python-distribute.org/distribute_setup.py

Then run it (using sudo if necessary). It should download the latest distribute
version (0.6.30) and install it in your environment. You might want to try it in
a virtualenv first.

Regards,

Vinay Sajip