[Distutils] [Python-Dev] distlib updated with resources API

Vinay Sajip vinay_sajip at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Oct 1 21:22:56 CEST 2012

David Cournapeau <cournape <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I noticed that you put the classifiers list as a string (same for
> platform). I think it is expected to be a list, no ?

That's an oversight; there are doubtless others, too.

> Maybe slightly more controversial, I think the manifest should be
> "evaluated". The current system of inclusion + exclusion is too
> baroque to my taste, and makes it near-impossible to make reproducible
> builds.

Would you care to give a little more detail about what you mean by
"evaluate"? I've kept the manifest as it is for backward compatibility (i.e.
so that my sanity checking of sdist follows the logic as is used by
distutils/distribute).

Regards,

Vinay Sajip