[Distutils] [Python-Dev] distlib updated with resources API

Vinay Sajip vinay_sajip at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Oct 1 09:14:08 CEST 2012

http://www.haskell.org/cabal/users-guide/developing-packages.html#package-descriptions),
> or even RPM (http://www.rpm.org/max-rpm/s1-rpm-inside-conditionals.html).
> This has the advantage of using something that has already been
> battle-tested for several years.

Both the Cabal and RPM conditionals seem fairly narrow in scope (e.g. os/
arch/impl/flag for Cabal), and therefore it seems that environment markers
should be able to do the job. Although of course environment markers aren't
battle tested, it seems worthwhile deploying them on the battlefield to see how
they perform.

> But again, syntax is a really minor point, and what matters the most
> are the features. I was not able to express what I wanted with yaml
> for bento, but would be more than happy to scrap the custom format if
> someone manages to.

If I can continue working on the YAML format that I've mentioned, I hope I can
report some progress in this area in due course.

Regards,

Vinay Sajip