[Distutils] easy_install installed but not working

Peterson, Stephen Stephen_Peterson at cable.comcast.com
Wed Nov 28 19:46:49 CET 2012

I installed Jython 2.5.3 on Windows 7. I set up the environment variable to the main directory and the path. It works as I can type "jython" at a DOS prompt and see the >>> and the version statement print out. I downloaded the easy_install file and put it on my C:\ez_setup.py. I navigated to it and issued "jython ez_setup.py". It installed as I saw the same message that Appendix A of the Jython book shows/comments on: http://www.jython.org/jythonbook/en/1.0/appendixA.html  I looked in C:\jython2.5.3\bin and lib\site-packages and see some easy_install (easy_install and easy_install2.5) and setuptools files there. However, when I go to a DOS prompt to retrieve Django and Django-jython with easy_install I can't. I am told that there is no such program. I have used the absolute path to the jython/bin directory as well as just the command easy_install as I have added the jython/bin to my environment variable. I have even restarted my laptop. No luck,yet. So I am confused as to what the problem is. I read on the easy_install web site that there is a .exe file for Windows. I do not see that. Any suggestions? Thanks.