[Distutils] [buildout] branches languishing? (site-packages and distutils scripts)

Marius Gedminas marius at pov.lt
Mon Mar 26 16:07:00 CEST 2012

On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 10:12:30PM +0200, Reinout van Rees wrote:
> On 25-03-12 19:39, Jim Fulton wrote:
> >On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 11:31 AM, Reinout van Rees<reinout at vanrees.org>  wrote:
> >>Would it be an idea to move zc.buildout out of the zope svn repo into
> >>github?
> >
> >Yes. In fact, I was just looking at that.  Github's review mechanism
> >is particularly attractive.
>
> Yep. Comment on entire pull requests, individual commits and
> individual lines. Works well. (Only real github problem I found is
> lack of attachments (=screenshots) in issues, but that's not
> something that ought to bother buildout).

For the record, screenshots on issues are possible.  Here's an example:
https://github.com/mgedmin/SnakeMUD/issues/2

The caveat is that you have to upload them somewhere else (e.g.
http://imgur.com), and just link to them on GitHub (using Markdown if
you want it displayed inline).  And, of course, Imgur will delete images
if they're rarely accessed, which hasn't happened to me yet, but worries
me sometimes.

Marius Gedminas
--
America and England are two countries separated by a common language.