[Distutils] get name of built egg

PJ Eby ownerscircle at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 00:58:37 CET 2012

Well, you can use "setup.py --name --version" to get the name and version.
 You can run "setup.py egg_info" pointed to some target directory to
inspect the PKG-INFO.  There are quite a few ways to get the information.
 I don't yet understand what criteria you have that make one of these ways
any better than another.  If you need the name of the file it's generating
so you can access that file, then I'm not sure why you care *in advance* of
it actually generating the file.  ;-)