[Distutils] Buildout: adding a link to a compiled library: uno

Leonardo Rochael Almeida leorochael at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 21:33:14 CEST 2012

Hi Alessandro,

If you are going to use the Python that comes with your distribution
(usually referred to as 'System Python'), and that you want to use the
"uno" library that comes with this System Python, that is, you can do
something like:

$ python
Python 2.6.6 (r266:84292, Sep 15 2010, 16:22:56)
[GCC 4.4.5] on linux2
>>> import uno
>>> print uno.__file__
/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/uno.pyc

Then, what you probably need is to use a part with a
z3c.recipe.scripts recipe, configuring it like described at [1], to
give you access to the system-installed uno library.

[1] http://pypi.python.org/pypi/z3c.recipe.scripts#including-site-packages-and-sitecustomize

Regards,

Leo