[Distutils] Installing the dependencies in the develop egg setup.py

L. Guruprasad lgp171188 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 18:47:23 CEST 2011

On Wednesday 07 September 2011 09:45 PM, Maurits van Rees wrote:
> Op 01-09-11 07:29, Guruprasad schreef:
> I reproduced your setup. The problems is indeed that src/wsb is not
> actually used, or perhaps better said: the package there is not
> installed in the buildout. This is because djangorecipe does not
> actually know that it needs to install the wsb package. Maybe it should,
> as you do have the line 'projectegg = wsb'.
>
> For me it works when I add 'eggs = ${buildout:eggs}' to the recipe, so
> like this:
>
> [django]
> recipe=djangorecipe
> projectegg = wsb
> eggs = ${buildout:eggs}
> extra-paths = src/
> settings = settings
>
> (Or explicitly: eggs = wsb)
>
> The difference in the resulting bin/django script is that these two
> extra lines are added to the path:
>
> '.../tmp/guru/src/wsb',
> '.../recaptcha_client-1.0.6-py2.6.egg',
>

> I hope this helps,

Bingo! It worked! Thanks! You made my day! :-) As you have pointed out,
though I have a develop egg, djangorecipe needs to know that it has to
use the egg and install it.

But now my question is if I have just a develop egg in my buildout.cfg
with dependencies listed in setup.py and no other parts/recipes used,
buildout will not install the dependencies right?

Thanks & Regards,
Guruprasad