[Distutils] setuptools-0.6c11.win32-py2.7.exe installation issue

Ibon Net netibon at justemail.net
Tue Nov 1 18:23:21 CET 2011

Hi,

trying to get lxml for my Python-on-Windows7, I ended up installing the
setuptools. But when running it, the installer complains (after the
first "Next" button)

"Python version 2.7 required, which was not found in the registry".

Pressing "Ok" presents a table headed by

"Python 2.7 is required for this package. Select installation to use:"

but the table is empty, and the two fields below for python and
installation directories are read-only.

Of course, I do have python installed - running "Python" will give my a
console window running the interpreter which states

"Python 2.7.2 (default, Jun 12 2011, 14:24:26) [MSC v.1500 64 bit
(AMD64)] on win32"

There are entries for .py files etc in the registry - but obviously not
the ones the tool is looking for...

What can I do? What more do you need to know?

Regards,
nobi