[Distutils] unable to upload to pypi

Reinout van Rees reinout at vanrees.org
Wed Jul 27 11:54:01 CEST 2011

On 27-07-11 09:01, Algis Kabaila wrote:
> ak at supremo:/dat/work/py3/Matrix-Algebra$ python setup.py sdist upload

What I always do is not just "sdist upload", but "sdist upload
register". I think the "register" step is what you're missing.

Initially, you *need* to use register to get the package registered (and
created) on pypi, afterwards you can upload. In my experience, sometimes
you need to call the command twice: the first call registers the package
but fails in the upload, the second call's upload succeeds.

After that, everything is rosy.

Reinout

--
Reinout van Rees                    http://reinout.vanrees.org/