[Distutils] Fwd: [Catalog-sig] Trove categories for Buildout recipes and extensions

Baiju M baiju.m.mail at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 04:27:08 CET 2011

Hi,
    I am forwarding a mail from Catalog-sig regarding two new trove categories
for Buildout recipes and extensions. Those who publish Buildout recipes and
extensions to PyPI, please use the new trove classifiers in addition to
the existing "Framework :: Buildout".

If you are developing a recipe, use this classifier:

  classifiers=[
    "Framework :: Buildout",
    "Framework :: Buildout :: Recipe",
    ],

If you are developing an extension, use this classifier:

  classifiers=[
    "Framework :: Buildout",
    "Framework :: Buildout :: Extension",
    ],

If the distribution contains both extension and recipe, use:

  classifiers=[
    "Framework :: Buildout",
    "Framework :: Buildout :: Extension",
    "Framework :: Buildout :: Recipe",