[Distutils] mr.developer with older buildout

Maurits van Rees m.van.rees at zestsoftware.nl
Wed Aug 31 14:13:40 CEST 2011

Op 29-08-11 17:58, Reinout van Rees schreef:
> Hi,
>
> I'm stuck on zc.buildout 1.4.4, but I'd like to use the latest
> mr.developer. I've got the special stick-to-buildout-1.4.4 bootstrap,
> but if I add mr.developer to the "extends=", it grabs zc.buildout 1.5.2...
>
> Ok, I'm pinning it to 1.4.4 and zc.recipe.egg to 1.2.2. Seems OK that way.
>
> But now buildout-versions suddenly starts spitting out a version list
> for versions that I *really* have pinned:
>
> Jinja2 = 2.6
> Pygments = 1.4
> Sphinx = 1.0.7
> mr.developer = 1.18
> BeautifulSoup = 3.2.0
> Django = 1.3
> argparse = 1.2.1
>
> Well, mr.developer is the only unpinned one. But why does the rest
> suddenly pop up? Before mr.developer, buildout-versions was nice and quiet.

When you use both mr.developer and buildout-versions as extensions, the
order in which you list them matters, as they both hack the versions.
buildout-versions 1.6 has a fix for that (by me) but that version
requires zc.buildout 1.5.0 or higher (though that has nothing to do with
the fix).

The correct order for buildout-versions 1.5 and lower is:

[buildout]
extensions =
     mr.developer
     buildout-versions