[Distutils] Specify missing install-requires dependencies to develop egg?

Matthew Brett matthew.brett at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 04:20:07 CEST 2011

Hi,

On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 7:06 PM, Reinout van Rees <reinout at vanrees.org> wrote:
> On 26-08-11 03:06, Matthew Brett wrote:
>>
>> [mypy]
>> recipe = zc.recipe.egg:script
>> eggs =
>>     nibabel
>> interpreter = py

>> What we would very much like to do, is to be able to specify the
>> missing install_requires for this package (and for others we are
>> thinking of working with)
>
> The solution is quite simple: just add numpy to the list of eggs like this:
>
> [mypy]
> recipe = zc.recipe.egg:script
> eggs =
>    nibabel
>    numpy
> interpreter = py

That doesn't work for me. Rightly or wrongly I am guessing that the
problem is that the dependency is not for the interpreter, but for
running nibabel setup.py.  In any case the failure remains with that
addition:

Updating nibabel-target.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/tmp/tmpnKAmK6", line 11, in <module>
    execfile('/home/mb312/tmp/buildbotting/src/nibabel/setup.py')
  File "/home/mb312/tmp/buildbotting/src/nibabel/setup.py", line 40, in <module>
    package_check('numpy', NUMPY_MIN_VERSION)
  File "/home/mb312/tmp/buildbotting/src/nibabel/nisext/sexts.py",
line 122, in package_check
    raise RuntimeError(msgs['missing'] % pkg_name)
RuntimeError: Cannot import package "numpy" - is it installed?
While:
  Updating nibabel-target.

An internal error occurred due to a bug in either zc.buildout or in a
recipe being used:

Best,

Matthew