[Distutils] docs/ vs doc/

Fred Drake fdrake at acm.org
Tue Sep 21 16:38:20 CEST 2010

On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 10:20 AM, anatoly techtonik <techtonik at gmail.com> wrote:
> upload_docs command will extract documentation from 'docs/' by
> default. I wouldn't bring this question if it could also process
> 'doc/' in cases where 'docs/' are absent. You can specify upload
> directory explicitly, but sometimes you'd really like it to just work.

Of course, we'd have to define what "just work" means here.  I'd be
fine having to always tell upload_docs where to look, provided I can
do that in the setup.cfg d2 uses.

That said, I don't *mind* if it looks for both docs/ and doc/, or even
care which it looks for first.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.    <fdrake at acm.org>
"A storm broke loose in my mind."  --Albert Einstein