[Distutils] distribute and setuptools are fighting; my application is a casualty

Tarek Ziadé ziade.tarek at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 10:21:53 CEST 2010

On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 9:48 PM, Asheesh Laroia <asheesh at asheesh.org> wrote:

> (I've tried using the distribute.py from
> http://bitbucket.org/tarek/buildout-distribute/src/tip/bootstrap.py and get
> the same error.)

distribute.py ?

> Honestly confused, and seeking help,

This looks like a bug, the bootstrap.py script should only affect the
buildout environment it was run in, not the global Python
installation.

You can add a bug in the zc.buildout tracker, with all the details (no
need to add funny quotes or song lyrics there) and I can take it from
there. Also please make the issue title explicit.  Something like
"bootstrap.py tries to write in the global python" can work.

Thanks!

Tarek
--
Tarek Ziadé | http://ziade.org