[Distutils] Distutils fails to build

Tarek Ziadé ziade.tarek at gmail.com
Sun Nov 28 14:31:20 CET 2010

On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 1:44 PM, Oisin O'Maley <ninja.gofer at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, I have been trying to reinstall distutils-0.6.14 on my gentoo system
> after some file corruption and now distutils fails to build.
>
> When manually building from source it throws the following error:

Looks like a formatting issue in entry_points...like a missing [ or ]

Was this from the source at PyPI or a source from Gentoo ?

Try this:

>>> import pkg_resources
>>> list(pkg_resources.split_sections(open('distribute.egg-info/entry_points.txt').read()))

If it fails on Gentoo but works from the PyPI, you likely to have a typo there.

Note: the egg-info dir is created with "python setup.py egg_info"

--
Tarek Ziadé | http://ziade.org