[Distutils] virtualenv python3 port

Brandon Craig Rhodes brandon at rhodesmill.org
Thu May 27 21:55:04 CEST 2010

Sridhar Ratnakumar <sridharr at activestate.com> writes:

> I would like to help with virtualenv Python 3 port.
> http://bitbucket.org/brandon/virtualenv3/ seems to be outdated (not in
> sync with core) and thus buggy.  Does not even actually use Distribute
> as claimed.

How odd; it uses Distribute when I run it.  What does it use when you
run it?

> Brandon, would you be interested in merging and making a release if I
> provide a patch?  Should I work on a separate branch or directly on
> yours?  I intend to sync with the core, retaining 2to3 changes.

Yes!  I'm always happy to accept new patches.  None of my current
projects are Python 3 ones at the moment, so I haven't been able to
allocate any time to keeping virtualenv3 up to date.  I look forward to
seeing your patch!