[Distutils] problem with bdist_msi post-install script

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Mon Mar 22 16:00:30 CET 2010

> Well, in http://svn.python.org/projects/sandbox/branches/MvL/msi/msi.py:
>
>    # Bitmaps
>     add_data(db, "Binary",
>              [("PythonWin", msilib.Binary(srcdir+r"\PCbuild\installer.bmp")),
>               ("Up",msilib.Binary("Up.bin")),
>               ("New",msilib.Binary("New.bin")),
>               ("InfoIcon",msilib.Binary("info.bin")),
>               ("ExclamationIcon",msilib.Binary("exclamic.bin")),
>              ])
>
> Doesn't this work?

See

http://svn.python.org/projects/sandbox/branches/MvL/msi/README.txt

I now remember the problem: the icons are "Microsoft Sample Source
Code", and I was unsure whether I can legally include them with Python.

It might be useful to look at a recent PSDK whether this license still
holds, and also whether there are CC icons somewhere that can be freely
used (or someone could draw icons and contribute them to Python).

Regards,
Martin