[Distutils] Buildout not working with Bash wrapper for `python'

Gustavo Narea gnarea at tech.2degreesnetwork.com
Mon Jun 21 12:28:23 CEST 2010

Hello.

On -10/01/37 20:59, Fred Drake wrote:
>> Linux supports interpreters being scrips since 2.6.28.
>>
> Too recent to be deployed on many production servers, unfortunately.
> But progress none-the-less.

I don't know if Debian backported that, but our servers run 2.6.26 and
this works like a charm. And our Ubuntu machines have recent kernels,
so that is not a problem for us.

Anyway, the problem is that some packages (not all) cannot be installed
by Buildout when the wrapper is in use. I've investigated to see what
those packages have in common, but I haven't been able to find anything.

If I remove the packages it complaints about from setup.py, everything works.

One of those packages is django-audit, which we've been using for a while before introducing the wrapper:
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/django-audit/1.0b1

Do you have any idea why this is failing?

Thanks in advance.

--
Gustavo Narea.
Software Developer.