[Distutils] `setup.py register` can't create PyPI account.

Fred Drake fdrake at acm.org
Mon Jul 12 14:43:46 CEST 2010

On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 7:07 AM, Takayuki Shimizukawa
<shimizukawa at gmail.com> wrote:
> However, the usage of the register command is written on a
> manual (http://docs.python.org/distutils/packageindex.html), and
> many people will meet with the same problem by using the method.

I guess it's been a long time since I've seen that menu!

This does indicate a bug, which should be fixed.  Part of the fix
should include a test for PyPI that an account can be created using
the interface invoked by distutils.

  -Fred

"A storm broke loose in my mind."  --Albert Einstein