[Distutils] Newbie - Buildout bootstrap error pkg_resources.DistributionNotFound: zc.buildout==1.5.2

Reinout van Rees reinout at vanrees.org
Wed Dec 15 12:37:19 CET 2010

On 12/12/2010 06:49 PM, Cops Club wrote:

> plonesvc at ubuntu:~/exercise1$ buildout init

Hey, this means you already installed buildout globally somehow.
("easy_install zc.buildout", for instance?)

> 3) I downloaded the bootstrap.py from svn
> plonesvc at ubuntu:~$ wget \
>
> http://svn.zope.org/*checkout*/zc.buildout/trunk/bootstrap/bootstrap.py
>

> 4)And tried to run the bootstrap - which failed:

That bootstrap script downloads and installs buildout local to that
buildout directory.  But you've already installed buildout globally.
Apparently, that bites.

You mention that it *does* work in a virtualenv: yep, there you're
isolated from the global buildout.

=> Best you remove the globally installed zc.buildout.

Alternatively you can try "python -S bootstrap.py" to run python without
system packages.

Reinout

--
Reinout van Rees - reinout at vanrees.org - http://reinout.vanrees.org